Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kwik Sew 3636 -- Leggings

Let me start out by qualifying this post...these are not the most flattering pictures of my body. I'm mostly sticking them out in cyberspace because I love the pattern! It's simple and easy. I made the leggings in an HOUR. They're made out of fleece and are super warm. That makes them great underneath ski pants for snow shoveling.







I'm planning on making more of these out of 4 way stretch fabrics (the fleece is only 2 way) for spring. These would be great under dresses...of course, I imagine that by then leggings will be out of style. I'm slow to take to trends.

After seeing the pics, it makes me more motivated to get out and do some exercising! When we're done with all of this snow, I know I'll get out more often. Until then, now I know that skinny jeans are not suited to my pear-shape!

2 comments:

  1. Think a beginner could pull these off? I'm dying to have a pair of warm leggings for under clothes in the snow or just bumming around the house these cold winter nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, I emailed you...I think they would be a great beginner project!

    ReplyDelete