Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A TNT!

Finally, I managed to find a TNT (tried and true) pattern! I have been struggling with tee shirts. The fit in the back is never satisfactory, not to mention the over the bust wrinkles. NO MORE WRINKLIES!

Here is the pattern photo from Jalie 2805:




This was a Best Pattern of 2009 from PR.com. I am late to the party, as always. It was a little tricky to figure out which pattern pieces to use for the front. There are a variety of different necklines to sew. I chose the henley style. I thought that the pattern piece with the picture of the henely shirt was the right one. NOPE! You have to be careful and read the tiny print. Other than that frustration, I am fantastically happy with this shirt!



This shirt just makes me happy.

Well, I lied. There are wrinkles, but I can cope with these ones.


I have been cranking out dresses like a sweatshop worker. All those dresses need some help....in the form of slips! I was talking about making a slip, when my DH asked me what a slip WAS! Eeek! These men don't know anything. Geez.

I found this pattern ... Stretch N Sew F829.
It isn't a perfect pattern, but it is better than nothing. Waaaay better than nothing. I ordered 40 denier tricot from Fabric.com. I get the feeling that it will be hot. That's ok...I am usually cold in my dresses, so that should help. We'll see how I feel about it in the humid days of summer.


I put it on underneath my very lightweight Simplicity dress, and it gave it some body in the skirt. If I like wearing the slip, then I'll probably fiddle around with those bust gathers a little more. I wasn't interested in making this perfect...it's UNDER the dress...who is going to see it other than DH!?!?!? He doesn't even know what a slip is, so he won't care!

Next, I am working on a Burda vesty jackety thing. It is experimental...we'll see how it goes!

1 comment: