Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Garb

I wore my Simplicity 3775 dress for Easter. It took me 2 hours to sew the whole thing. I did not make any alterations at all...very unusual for a vee-type neckline! It is a thin cotton knit. I plan on making several more...this is so comfortable and flattering.

Here is my son wearing his Easter outfit. On Saturday, I realized that he only had grubby clothes, nothing suitable to wear to church. I dug through my stash and came up with this thick brown rib knit and a scrap of linen (I made DH a shirt out of it) with stripes. He loves cars, so I figured that the chances of him wearing it would be higher if I appliqued a little car on it. I found some brown buttons for wheels. Mama was happy; tot was happy. Win/win! I felt proud that I managed to come up with a cute outfit for him in a few hours. I think I'll try to make some more clothes for him for the summer. Of course, it pains me a little more when he gets his homemade clothes filthy than if he gets the store bought ones dirty.


I am not crazy about the tee-shirt pattern for him...does anyone have any child (2T-3T) patterns that they would recommend?

I forgot to mention one of my pet peeves when shopping for boy's clothing. All the colors are barfy! I hate shopping for my son because there isn't much cute stuff out there. Hopefully I can come up with some ideas that will make his wardrobe more exciting.

6 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute dress!! And your son's outfit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress Brenna - great job...again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just gonna comment on your other blog and ask about your pretty dress, but now I know. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "barfy colors" comment re: toddler boys clothes cracks me up! At least you can just whip up a wardrobe instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress! I ame across your blog from PR and I have really enjoyed checking out all your creations! You sew beautiful clothing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments, gals!

    ReplyDelete