Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sewing for Spring

I have been collecting fabric. Don't we all? It is starting to flow out of my closet, so I thought that making up a plan would be a help. I tried to follow the sewing with a plan, or SWAP program. You pick out a few colors, add some neutrals, then find your fabrics and patterns. I am the kind of person who really likes organization, but hates actually doing it. I decide what we are going to eat for dinner around 3:00...I am not good at planning ahead.


But, since I was having a terrible time with pants, I decided to try planning some matching garments. I have been leaning towards bluey purpley colors lately, so that was my start. Doing the planning helped pull me out of the pants fitting funk. I made one of the dresses! It is the Simplicity dress that was voted Best Pattern of 2009. I used the flowery knit and it turned out really well. I'll post photos of that later...

Starting from the top left, a purple stripe dress with kimono sleeves. Next, a Burda short sleeve belted jacket out of bright blue cotton. Next, the dress I just made, and then an orange top of some kind...probably not out of this pattern. I don't think it is the right weight. Bottom row, grey knit...maybe a skirt and a pair of leggings. Next, a loose skirt out of lightweight stretch twill. I just cut out the skirt since I already have light colored thread in all of the machines.

When I feel positive enough, I'm going to try these Jalie trousers out of denim. I'm going to do a grey shirt and a white shirt, hopefully out of this Jalie pattern. I am thinking of doing that wrappy Simplicity cardi to go with the skirts and dresses, but I'm not sure yet. If I find a better pattern for a cardi, I'll go with that.


And that's the plan...but you can't hold me to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment