Saturday, January 2, 2010

More of the Bamboo Cotton Knit...

I got started on McCall's 4261 this Christmas holiday. My husband was kind enough to watch our son while I obsessed over it. I chose it because it's a utilitarian garment and I would have many opportunities to test out my new Babylock Coverstitch Machine.


I added 4 inches to the body of the garment, 2 above the waist and 2 below. I added 1.75 inches to the hip side seams. I think I would add another 2 inches to the body, I'd prefer that it was longer. I added 4 inches to the arms, and I think I could take out an inch or two. I keep getting my sleeves wet while I'm washing dishes. Hee hee.


I like the fit, it went together well. I'm going to go into more detail here.


1 comment:

  1. Nice Brenna! This is one of my favorites that you've blogged about so far. Perhaps because of my unnatural love for hoodies. I like the pockets a lot, especially the way they open on the top rather than the traditional side opening that you feel like things fall out of all the time.

    ReplyDelete