Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pink Is the New Red...I Hope...

I finished this top today. I wanted something easy to make after I finished the hoodie-that-took-forever (I'll put the hoodie up later. I need to take some pics of that.) My fabric did not have stripes, and I really liked that aspect of the design, so I added stripes using my coverstitch machine. All of my projects lately have centered around my CS machine since it was a fabulous Christmas present from my sweetie.


The directions were fairly good and easy to understand. They suggest that you hand stitch the hem on the neck. HA! I have a perfectly good serger and CS machine. Phoooey on that idea from Burda.


The front fits well. I cut out a 14 (40). Usually I need to add 3-4" to the length of any top, but I did not here and I like it. If you're shorter, I'd recommend measuring to see where it will hit you, just so it doesn't swallow you.

The back is another fitting issue. I am going to take out the extra fabric in the back. I decided to wear the shirt for a day or two and decide if I wanted the wearing ease or not. After looking at the pictures, I should take it in...those wrinkles aren't nice.


Here are the topstitching details. I'm super happy about this part...


I like the top. Once I straighten out the fitting problem with the back, I may make another one.

3 comments:

  1. The stitching looks absolutely fantastic - great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the thread multi-colored? So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice use of the coverstitch machine. I love the thread you chose. If you sew it doesn't matter what's in. You get to wear what you want! Pink is in for you!

    ReplyDelete