Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Okie Dokie Pink Dresses

I've been sewing like crazy lately and I am truly falling behind on blogging about the things I've been making. The seasons are starting to change, and I've already switched from summer to winter sewing. I just got a package of wool fabrics in the mail today. In my enthusiasm to get started on some cardigans, I slapped them into the washing machine (yes, on cold). Now it smells like a giant wet sheep upstairs. Anyways...let me finish telling you all about the end of the summer sewing. Here are two pink dresses...

Simplicity 3622

I've already made a red knit dress out of this pattern and it's awesomely comfy. This time, I chose a pink linen. The cross threads are orange and purple, so the fabric has a neat sheen to it with movement. I didn't have quite enough fabric, so I made it sleeveless.




Pink Dress #2...Simplicity 2863

This dress fooled me. I thought that it had actual buttons down the front. LIES! The buttons are simply sewn on the front of the dress to look as if there was an opening. Grrrr. One of the reasons I picked it was because I thought it would open in the front. So, I inserted my own placket. I'll put up my placket demo tomorrow. Even with the nasty no-button surprise, I love the pattern. It's easy and cute. The fabric is a medium weight cotton poly knit. I used the wrong side as my fashion fabric side in the hopes of preventing pilling. We'll see how this fabric holds up....I've been burned so many times by stupid, poor quality fabric. Keep your fingers crossed! If anyone knows where to go to get high quality knits....please clue me in!




Ha ha, pattern, I win this time!!!

Ok...so this isn't pink or a dress, but it is the latest thing to come off the sewing table. Burda pattern 7867.


This one should have been easy, but I managed to muck up the sleeve band. I gathered the upper sleeve only on the top of the arm instead of all the way around. Ah well, I made it work. The fabric is a very lightweight cotton and bamboo blend.



Look for the placket demo next...and hopefully some more winter stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! Are you making Amedeo's halloween costume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shirt better the way it looks on you than in the pattern - so whatever you did to "make it work", it does!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep...I'm going to sew up something simple for Amedeo's costume. Not sure what yet.

    the garments always look very different from the pattern picture...I think that's the fun part of seeing what other people sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Brenna! Love the top. Your modification of the sleeve is very flattering.

    I hope all is well! Keep on Sewing! Lisa

    ReplyDelete