Thursday, July 30, 2009

Red Top

Here's a little top I made at the beginning of the summer. It seems like the fashion these days is to wear loose fitting dresses. I think they look like maternity tops, so I added a belt.



I used a cotton batiste that I bought two years ago when my mom and I went to NYC to buy fabric. I've been whittling away at my stash so I don't feel too guilty about buying MORE fabric recently. This top was relatively easy to make, but the fabric I chose was sheer, so I decided that French Seams were a good choice. Those take more time, but the end result is more durable and more beautiful! Since the top is sheer, I would need to wear a tank underneath, but it needs to be a fairly low scooped tank, since it would ruin the square neckline if you could see it.



The detail of the sleeve. The picture is with my dying camera...so it's a little blurry. Watch out if you have larger arms...I found this to be a little snug on my bicep and I'm not a muscle-y person.

Currently, I'm working on a wrap dress. Here's a preview of the fabric. I love it...maybe a little too loud, but, eh. I'm almost finished with it...and it has been way more challenging than the things I've been making lately. More pieces, more sewing, more time. Hopefully, it will be a good fit...

2 comments:

  1. I love loud fabric, it says "Hey, I'm fun!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, sometimes it says, "hey look at me! I'm CRAZY!" hopefully this won't be one of those times. you'd tell me, right?

    ReplyDelete